How to Reheat Rotisserie Chicken
I always wondered how to Reheat Chicken, and still maintain its moist, tasty flavor.
Rotisserie chicken is a tasty chicken dish that is cooked using a rotisserie, which is a style of cooking that entails skewering meat into rods and placing the rods over direct heat while turning the chicken constantly as it cooks.
Widely popular, it is mainly used by restaurants and food joints to roast and barbeque chicken and other bird meats. Ready rotisserie chicken is also available in stores, and you can also make yours at home.
It is a dish that is a lifesaver on those lazy weeknights; as it helps you get a quick and easy meal on the table within a short duration of time.
It is a versatile meal that can complement a variety of different recipes whether it is mashed or baked potatoes, fried rice, or steamed veggies.
The ease of the “grab and go” of this dish from the grocery store also makes it an ideal choice of meal on busy days, and you choose to eat it whole or have it shredded. It is exceedingly convenient as you can even refrigerate the chicken for a few days earlier than its intended usage.
You can use leftover rotisserie chicken for other recipes such as sandwiches, potpies, chicken tacos, pasta, salads as well as noodles. However, I found out that most people don’t know about reheating rotisserie chicken.
Not to outweigh the health benefits of rotisserie chicken;
It is packed with a lot of protein, vitamin B-12, and other minerals, making it super healthy and nutritious.
Still looking for how to reheat a rotisserie chicken? Read on
How to reheat chicken in oven or Toaster Oven
You may decide to use a regular oven or a rotisserie oven. Having the right oven would ensure that your food turns out moist and retains much of its original taste, without great effort on your part. It also ensures that the juices in the food are spread evenly, giving you perfectly cooked food.
When wondering how to reheat a rotisserie chicken in the oven, you would have to consider the issue of keeping your chicken moist and tasty. You may need to be gentle while heating it so as not to dry it out as the chicken is already cooked.
Best way to reheat rotisserie chicken
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit then place the chicken on an aluminum foil before placing it in the oven.
- Prepare the baking dish by adding a bit of chicken stock or water to it (make sure it is less than a quarter-inch of the baking dish).
- Place the chicken on the baking dish and reheat it for 20-25 minutes depending on your preference.
- Before you remove it from the oven, make sure the liquid is bubbling, and the chicken is evenly-heated.
Using this method ensures that the chicken is kept moist during reheating.
You may also choose to reheat whole rotisserie chicken with or without an aluminum foil. Heating the chicken with the foil helps to maintain the crisp of the chicken.
It preserves the taste especially if it’s a grocery bought chicken. Heating without the foil is more likely to dry out the chicken. If you prefer extra crispy skin, turn the oven on broil and place the chicken back in, for a few seconds.
Observe it as you do this so that it is not overcooked. Always use a thermometer to ensure the chicken is evenly done before removing it.
When reheating the chicken combined with other ingredients, you will slice small pieces of the veggies, like bell peppers, and any desired juice before heating it. You can then experience the tasty meal!
How to reheat chicken in microwave.
If you are looking for how to reheat rotisserie chicken in oven, you are at the right place. Reheating food more so the chicken in a microwave is very convenient, especially when short on time. While using a microwave may not be the best way to reheat rotisserie chicken, there is a way you can do it just right.
Best way to reheat rotisserie chicken pieces
The trick is to heat the chicken pieces rather than the entire chicken at once.
- Remove the bones from the chicken, as bones often reheat faster than the actual meat, and may cause the meat to dry which dries out the chicken.
- Separate the pieces of the chicken and wrap up each piece in a damp microwave-safe paper towel.
- Place these wrapped pieces in a microwave-safe dish and heat at timed intervals, checking each time until you have reached your desired temperature.
Alternatively, you may prefer moist chicken. You can heat your preferred source, salty water or broth then place the chicken pieces in the hot liquid.
In case you would like to reheat a whole chicken, place the chicken in a microwave-safe dish and place it inside the microwave. Reheat this to medium temperature until 165- 170 degrees Fahrenheit.
How to reheat rotisserie chicken in a Grill.
This method requires having a reliable thermometer to ascertain whether the chicken is well done. There are many suitable varieties. These including meat thermometers with dials, instant-read thermometers, or digital thermometers.
When it comes to reheating rotisserie chicken on the grill, low and slow is the best method. A slow to moderate barbeque grill is most effective; 300 to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
If you are wondering how to reheat a whole rotisserie chicken, this is the method to use. Ensure that the chicken is covered correctly so that it doesn’t dry out or burn. Keep checking and turning the meat frequently.
How to go about it,
- Cut the chicken into evenly spread pieces to ensure even heating during the grilling process.
- Depending on the thickness of the meat, you may choose to pound the meat gently. (Avoid doing this because the meat is already cooked.)
- Lightly oil the grill grates, then preheat the grill gates to low-medium-high heat.
- Once you set the grill at the right temperature, place the chicken pieces in a single layer and space them out evenly. Since the chicken pieces are already cooked, they will take less than 3 minutes on each side.
- Keep checking the meat using an instant-read thermometer to ensure that the meat is evenly grilled. Do this by inserting the thermometer into the thickest part of the flesh without touching the bones.
- Do this until the chicken reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. This is the minimum safe temperature for cooked chicken.
You may choose to leave it to grill for longer depending on your preference. You can also cut into one piece of meat to see if it’s well-done.
Once the chicken is done, take the pieces off the grill grates and place them on a clean plate. To preserve the juices in the meat, let the meat rest for a few minutes before serving.
Note: Remember to clean your thermometer with hot, soapy water after use.
How to reheat rotisserie chicken in an instant pot.
If you are looking for how to reheat rotisserie chicken in instant pot, then you are at the right place.
I know! I know! reheat whole chicken in instant pot? I also had the same question…
I had always wondered can I reheat a rotisserie chicken in the instant pot? until I did some research and found some interesting insights.
An instant pot is a type of multi-cooker that can perform several functions including reheating food. It has become increasingly popular for its multi-purpose services and its ‘delayed start’ feature.
With this feature, you can set it so that the food is ready exactly when you need it. The instant pot allows the user to choose different types of reheating options depending on the type of food.
These include: steaming, slow-cooking, sauté, and the food-warming function.
Food that is in an instant pot needs to have some liquid or oil. The instant pot is also a viable option for reheating food for anyone who does not prefer to use a microwave.
Reheating rotisserie chicken instant pot:
- Pour some water into the pot. This water is required to make steam that would be used to heat chicken.
- Insert the trivet while making sure you fit in the right place and then place the chicken on the trivet. As the chicken already contains fat and some moisture, it may not be necessary to add some oil.
- After that, cover your food with a piece of aluminum foil to ensure the condensation does not drip into the chicken.
- Finally, close the lid of the instant pot then set the vent as sealed. Set the instant pot on steam pressure for 5 minutes.
- Quick-release pressure of the instant pot. Keep testing the chicken’s temperature to ensure it is just right.
- You may need to reheat it for 1-3 minutes more if needed. You can also use the drippings and leftover liquids to make broth.
While using the instant pot, it is essential to remember always to use heatproof containers. They are typically referred to as ‘pot-in-pot’ containers and can include storage bowls and mason jars.
This method is lauded as a better alternative to using a microwave which is considered unhealthy.
Well-reheated rotisserie chicken whether it is done through the oven, grill, microwave or instant pot, will still retain much of the original nutrients, taste, and flavor.
As you reheat your chicken, it is essential to use only the pieces of chicken that you will be consuming. Avoid heating the food more than once. It is a great way to save money, time, and resources.
You can also decide to be reheating rotisserie chicken in pressure cooker. You just use the same steps discussed above.
In case you are still left with some leftover rotisserie chicken and wondering how to reheat frozen rotisserie chicken in instant pot just read the post above.
You can also shred the chicken into plates before serving.
Reheating rotisserie chicken in pressure cooker.
Reheating leftovers in a pressure cooker is another great way to warm food quickly. You can reheat your rotisserie chicken in a pressure cooker by following these simple steps
- Pour water into your pressure cooker
- Place your chicken on a trivet in the pressure cooker and cover it with aluminum foil
- Close the lid of your pressure cooker
- Set the vent as sealed
- Steam pressure for 4-6 minutes
- Quick-release the remaining pressure from your pressure cooker
- Test the temperature of the chicken to ensure it is just right. If not, steam for an additional two minutes. Remove from the pot, serve, and enjoy.
Alternatively, you can use the pot in pot method.
Pour one cup of water into your pressure cooker. Cut the chicken into pieces and place them in heatproof containers.
Add a bit of oil or water if needed. Cover the containers with foil and place them in the pressure cooker that has some water in it.
Set the steam time to 5 minutes. Let the chicken steam and then allow a natural release. If the temperature of your food is just right, serve, and enjoy. If not, steam for an additional two minutes.
Can you reheat a rotisserie chicken in an air fryer?
Nothing compares to the hot and ready rotisserie chicken that you have just picked from the grocery store.
However, you can’t eat it whole at once, unless you are feeding a whole bunch of people. This means you have to refrigerate it and enjoy it gradually by reheating it.
The good thing about rotisserie chicken is that you can refrigerate it for days.
If you are wondering whether you can reheat your rotisserie chicken in an air fryer, the answer is yes, you definitely can. If you want your chicken skin to be extra crispy, you should use an air fryer to reheat it.
It is the best way to restore your rotisserie chicken to its heated grocery-store glory. It is also quite easy to reheat it in an air fryer compared to other methods.
How to reheat the rotisserie chicken
- First, turn your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the chicken from its packaging and place it in the air fryer.
- Set it for 3 to 4 minutes until your chicken is crisp and heated through.
- Remove the chicken from the air fryer and enjoy
How to reheat shredded rotisserie chicken
If you only have part of a rotisserie chicken left, you can shred it in order to warm it perfectly.
- First, cut the chicken into bite-size pieces. The pieces should be 3 to 5cm in size
- In a pan over medium-high heat, heat one to three teaspoons of oil. Use less oil if you are reheating a small amount of chicken and more for a larger amount. Use coconut oil, vegetable oil or canola
- Stir the chicken into the pan. Keep stirring it as it reheats and only turn off the burner when all of the chicken is completely hot. Serve and enjoy.
Alternatively, you can reheat your shredded rotisserie chicken in the microwave by following these simple steps.
- Shred the rotisserie chicken and place the bones aside.
- Place the shredded chicken in a microwave-safe plate and cover it with a damp paper towel
- Place the chicken in the microwave and microwave for two minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the microwave and let it rest for one minute. Serve and enjoy.
Check Out the Chicken Parmesan Casserole Recipe