Best Food Processor for Meat Grinding [Brand, Specifications, How to Use]
Funny thing! I actually did not know that a food processor could be used for grinding meat. I always assumed the food processor was for green vegetables and mashing/pureeing food. More specifically baby food.
When I found out I could use the Cuisinart 8 cup food processor for grinding meat, I couldn’t believe it until I read its reviews and purchased it.
I love the fact that you do not need to buy minced meat since you can now purchase an affordable food processor from the comfort of your home and add it to the list of your magnificent kitchen appliances.
Everyone now has meat grinders suitable for home purpose. They are lightweight compared to the one found in the butchery section in the market.
Previously I used a knife to do the grounding. Thanks to technology, we can now use the food processor not just for grinding meat, the food processor can be used to:
- Grind sausages
- Grind vegetables
- Grind dried fruits
- Make fish pastry
- Make the right shape for cookie dough
There are many reasons as to why you should add the meat grinder to your kitchen.
Fresh ground meat is better for your health than canned meat bought in supermarkets which contain additives used for preservation.
The benefits of owning your own meat grinder
Cost – this helps you save money and time. You do not have to make a trip down to the grocery store each time and queue to get minced meat.
Healthy – you are assured of cleanliness since you are the one preparing your meat. Sometimes minced meat from unclean sellers may be contaminated by bacteria.
Flavor – one of the major reasons for preparing food at home is that you are assured of a flavor-rich meal. No food tastes better than freshly prepared homemade meals. It is better than eating processed frozen meat.
Multi-purpose – apart from just grinding meat the processor can perform various other functions.
Can I grind meat with a food processor?
Yes, meat can be ground using a food processor. There are specific meat grinders that can easily grind meat.
Here is a procedure on how to assemble the food processor and grind your meat:
- Slice the meat into small sizes – this is to ensure the sliced meat pieces fit in the processor. Put them in a freezer for about 40 minutes. This is not to freeze the meat but just to make it a little cold.
- Wash your meat grinder, rinse it and let it dry or wipe with a dry cloth.
- Before assembling the parts, make sure the power cord is disconnected to avoid injuries that may arise from improper handling when assembling the processor.
- Place the T link on the front of your grinder and make sure it is tightly closed with the locking screw.
- Take the four-leaf blade and insert them onto the screw making sure the flat part is facing out.
- Take the round knife towards the end of the screw pushing bar.
- Tighten the four-leaf blades to the T link
- Thereafter take the stainless steel plate and place it on top of the T link and there you are ready to grind.
- Place the sliced meat and grind your meat. Disable the power cable after mixing your ingredients.
This processor has a 9-cup bowl with stainless steel and mixing blades. The processor has a large mouth feed, which makes it suitable for large families.
The extra-large tubes can fit whole vegetables, large sliced meat, and fruits. The removable parts are dishware safe making it easy to clean your processor.
It helps you create an entire meal from scratch by, slicing, chopping and shredding the ingredients.
The following are features of this food processor
- 9-cup food capacity
- Color – stainless steel,
- 3-year warranty
- Removable blades
- Shredding discs
- Uses 4-cup flour
- Made of ABS plastic
- Extra-large feed tubes
- Food processor
Specifications – has dimensions of 9 x 16 x 9 inches, weighs 14.5 pounds, DCL-2009CHBMY model, made by Cuisinart manufactures.
- Has a powerful motor
- Easy to clean
- The ideal processor for a large family
- The base is heavy which therefore ensures the stability of the processor
- It is quiet – not noisy
- The base is very heavy
How to go about grinding meat in a Nutribullet food processor
The Nutribullet can be used as a great food processor for grinding meat. It serves the same purposes as other processors and contains two blades that do the mixing, chopping, and mincing.
Compared to other food processors, it has a lower capacity hence it is not convenient for heavy duty grinding.
It is a home blender which basically helps you to grind a variety of produces including vegetables and fruits.
It has two blades:
- Milling blade – has a single blade and used turn dry recipes into powdered form.
- The extractor blade – this blade is used to blend fruits and vegetables into drinks.
Here is the procedure of going about using the Nutribullet processor:
- Place the processor on a flat surface and make sure to turn the plug in the power base. Cut the fruits into quarters so that they can fit into the cup.
- Put your ingredients in the tall cup or small cup, remember not to fill past the measured line to avoid it spilling over during the grinding process.
- If you are making a nutritious drink, add your liquid of choice like milk, water, juice, etc.
- Make sure the blades that you are using tightly fits the cup
- The processor has some notches attached to it; try to line them in one line then push the cup down and you are ready to mix your recipe.
- After a few minutes of mixing, you can disconnect the power base and serve your drink.
This food processor helps you grind the meat to your required texture.
It is a 7-cup work bowl that has a large tube big enough to fit large amounts of ingredients.
It has stainless steel discs with a flat cover. It helps you save time, and can grind enough meat for an individual and a large family too.
It is a classic processor for anyone who likes quality kitchen products.
- 7-cup bowl
- Slicing disc
- White in color
- Made of plastic
- Shredding disc
- Dough cup capacity
- Chopping dough blades
- Slicing disc
Specifications – manufactured by Cuisinart, DLC-10SY model, weighs 14.3 pounds, has dimensions of 11.2 x 7 x 13.8 inches, a motor of 600 watts
- Accommodates whole vegetables, large sliced meat, and fruits because of their extra-large tubes.
- Easy to use with its paddle control system
- Performs different kinds of jobs
- Performs duties in diverse ways
- Heavy Machine
- Not portable
- Quite expensive
This is another food processor that can perform various tasks in the kitchen.
If you are looking for a food processor without reversible shredding discs and slicing discs, then this processor will work perfectly for you.
It has a multi-function purpose that makes it versatile for the kitchen. You can use it to grind meat, chop, and mix vegetables or any other ingredient.
- Adjustable slicing disc
- Rubberized controls
- 8 cup bowl
- Reversible shredding discs
- BPA free
- Silver in color
- Extra-large tube
- Stainless steel blades
Specifications – 350 watts, measures 7.60 x 9.58 x 15.98 inches, manufactured by Cuisinart, FP-8SV model, 8 cups sized
Additionally, the processor comes with a manual and a 1-year warranty
- The removable parts are dishware
- Lockable blades
- Sealed bowls
- Easy to clean
- Easy to operate
- Quite expensive
Meat grinders perform different tasks. They not only grind meat but grind other kitchen ingredients.
There are many brands available in the market and you get to choose a suitable one for you.
If you want to enjoy the benefits listed above, you just have to go ahead and purchase your meat grinder, add it to your favorite kitchen equipment and start enjoying the benefits.
If you love pizza, beef, sandwich or other goodies and you would like to make them at home, you just need the food processor to make your preparation easy and enjoyable.
Depending on your budget you can always get a grinder within your price range.
Your family will be happy to enjoy the meals you have prepared with love in the comfort of your home.
You will get to enjoy home prepared delicacies thanks to your awesome kitchen appliances. I bet you will enjoy the mixing, chopping, and shredding process.
Go ahead and get your grinder today and start cooking!