Best Food Processor for Meat Grinding [Brand, Specifications, How to Use]
Funny thing! I actually did not know that a food processor could be used for grinding meat. I always assumed the food processor was for green vegetables and mashing/pureeing food. More specifically baby food.
When I found out I could use the cuisinart 8 cup food processor for grinding meat, I couldn’t believe it until I read its reviews and purchased it.
I love the fact that you do not need to go the butchery to buy minced meat, since you can now purchase an affordable food processor from the comfort of your home and add it to the list of your magnificent kitchen appliances.
Everyone now has meat grinders suitable for home purpose. They are lightweight compared to that one in the butchery.
Previously I used a knife to do the grounding. Thanks to technology, we can now use the food processor not just for grinding meat, the food processor can be used to:
- Grind sausage
- Grind vegetables
- Bring the right shape for cookie dough
- Dried fruits can also be grounded
- Making fish pastry
There are many reasons as to why you should add the meat grinder to your kitchen. Fresh ground meat is better for your health than grounded canned meat bought in supermarkets with additives added to preserve them from the bad smell.
The benefits of owning your own meat grinder
Cost – this helps you save money, money that could be used to travel and queue to get the sliced meat and money for buying the grounded meat.
Healthy – you are assured of cleanliness since you are the one preparing. Sometimes sliced meat in those public places gets contaminated by bacteria.
Flavor – primarily reason for everyone to prepare food at home is that of flavor. No food taste good as the freshly prepared meat. No need for risking buying overstayed or frozen meat.
Multi-purpose – apart from just grinding meat the processor performs other different functions.
Can I grind meat with a food processor?
Yes, meat can be ground using a food processor. Today they are different meat grinders that can help you with the work.
Here is a procedure on how to assemble the food processor and get ready to process meat:
- Slice the meat into small sizes – this is to ensure the sliced meat pieces can fit in the baking sheet. Put them in a freezer for about 40 minutes. This is to make the meat cold, not to freeze it.
- Wash your meat grinder, rinse it and let it dry or wipe with dry cloth.
- Before assembling the parts, make sure the power cord is disconnected this is to avoid injuries that may arise during assembly of the various parts.
- Place the T link on the front of your grinder and make sure it is tightly closed with the locking screw.
- Take the four-leaf blade and insert them onto the screw making sure the flat part is facing out.
- Take the round knife towards the end of the screw pushing bar.
- Tighten the four-leaf blades to the T link
- Thereafter take the stainless steel plate and place it on top of the T link and there you are ready to grind.
- Place the sliced meat and grind your meat. Disable the power cable after mixing your ingredients.
This processor has a 9-cup bowl with stainless steel and mixing blades. The processor has a large mouth feed, which makes it best for large families.
The extra-large tubes can fit whole vegetables, large sliced meat, and fruits. The removable parts are dishware safe making cleaning easier.
It helps you create an entire meal from scratch by, slicing, chopping and shredding the family ingredients.
The following are features of this food processor
- 9-cup food capacity
- Color – stainless steel,
- 3-year warranty
- Removable blades
- Shredding discs
- Uses 4-cup flour
- Made of ABS plastic
- Extra-large feed tubes
- Food processor
Specifications – has dimensions of 9 x 16 x 9 inches, weighs 14.5 pounds, DCL-2009CHBMY model, made by Cuisinart manufactures.
- Has a powerful motor
- Easy to clean
- The ideal processor for a large family
- The base is heavy which therefore ensures the stability of the processor
- It is quiet – not noisy
- The base is very heavy
How to go about grinding meat in a nutribullet food processor
A nutribullet can be used as a great food processor. It serves almost same purposes with the other processors, with two blades that to the mixing, chopping, and mincing.
Compared to other food processors, its capacity is less hence it is not convenient for heavy duty grinding.
It is a home blender basically helps you extract nutrients from vegetables and fruits.
It has two blades:
- Milling blade – has a single blade and used turn dry recipes into powdered form.
- The extractor blade – this blade is used to blend fruits and vegetables into drinks.
Here is the procedure of going about using nutribullet processor:
- Place the processor on a flat surface and make sure to turn the plug in the power base. Cut into the fruits or the fruits into quarters so that they can fit into the cup.
- Put your ingredients in the tall cup or small cup, remember not to fill past the measured line to avoid a spill.
- Suppose you are making a nutritious drink, add any liquid of your choice like milk, water, juice etc.
- Make sure the blades that you are using tightly fits the cup
- The processor has some notches attached to it; try to line them in one line then push the cup down and you are ready to mix your recipe.
- After a few minutes of mixing, you can disconnect the power base and serve your drink.
This food processor helps you grind meat into your required texture. It is a 7-cup work bowl that has a large tube big enough to fit large amounts of ingredients.
It has stainless steel, discs with a flat cover. Helps you save time, and used to serve an individual or families.
It is a classic processor for those people with a taste of quality it will work well for them.
- 7-cup bowl
- Slicing disc
- White in color
- Made of plastic
- Shredding disc
- Dough cup capacity
- Chopping dough blades
- Slicing disc
Specifications – manufactured by Cuisinart, DLC-10SY model, weighs 14.3 pounds, has dimensions of 11.2 x 7 x 13.8 inches, a motor of 600 watts
- Accommodates whole vegetables, large sliced meat, and fruits because of their extra-large tubes.
- Easy to use with its paddle control system
- Performs different kinds of jobs
- Performs duties in diverse ways
- Heavy Machine
- Not portable
- Quite expensive
This is another food processor that helps you perform various tasks in the kitchen.
If you are looking for a food processor without reversible shredding discs and slicing discs,then this processor will be suitable for you.
Have multi-function purposes that will easily work for you. Preferably, you can use it to grind meat, chop, and mix your favorite ingredients.
- Adjustable slicing disc
- Rubberized controls
- 8 cup bowl
- Reversible shredding discs
- BPA free
- Silver in color
- Extra-large tube
- Stainless steel blades
Specifications – 350 watts, measures 7.60 x 9.58 x 15.98 inches, manufactured by Cuisinart, FP-8SV model, 8 cups sized
Additionally, the processor comes with a manual and a 1-year warranty
- The removable parts are dishware
- Lockable blades
- Sealed bowls
- Easy to clean
- Easy to operate
- Quite expensive
Meat grinders perform different tasks. They not only grind meat but grind other kitchen ingredients.
Vegetarians can also use the brands available in the market to make the vegetable juice.
Those are just a few mentioned benefits of having your own meat processor. Purchase the meat grinder and add to your kitchen for better results.
If you love pizza, beef, sandwich and other goodies and you would like to try them out in your kitchen, you can use these same food processors as they perform the same job.
Depending on your budget you can always get a grinder within your price range.
Your family will be happy to enjoy the meals you have prepared with love in the comfort of your home. Nothing comes out best like food prepared using your appliances, since you are in control of shape, mixing, chopping and shredding.
Go ahead and get your grinder today and start enjoying!